- Positive Discipline Pyramids
- College Aims
- Pastoral Support
- Admissions and Appeals
- Junior Leadership Team
- Home Learning
- Special Education Needs
- Equality and Diversity
- Staff List
- Peele Success Stories
- British Values
- Student Intervention
- HMI monitoring visit to The Peele Community College
- Wembley Trip - Tuesday 29th March
- New Head Appointed
- News Archive
- Lincolnshire County Council Review Youth Health Services
- College Open As Normal on July 5th
- GCSE Results Day - 25th August - 10 to 11:30
- Prom Photos
- FANTASTIC RESULTS FOR PEELE STUDENTS
- Year 6 Open Evening 29th September
- Deputy Heads Announcement
- Newgenerationmusic @ The Peele 7th October
- GCSE Revision Sessions
- Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch 7th December 2016
- Christmas Concert
- Celebration Assemblies
- Resilience Trip – Norfolk Lakes
- The Peele Joins East Midlands Teacher Training Partnership
- Easter Revision Timetable
- Year 11 non uniform day
- Cake Sale
- Fair Funding for Schools Campaign
- Ofsted Inspection 11-7-17
- The Peele Celebrates GCSE Results
- Year 6 Open Evening - Thursday September 14th
- Head Teacher's Blog 8th September
- Head Teacher's Blog 15th September
- Head Teacher's Blog 22nd September 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 29th September
- Head Teacher's Blog 6th October 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 13th October
- Careers Fair Wednesday 15th November 2017 4:30—7:30 pm
- Linc Higher Information
A number of departments offered sessions during October half term. These sessions were run from the Foundation subjects, enabling students to focus on their option subjects rather than the core subjects for this holiday session.
The Raising Achievement Team co-ordinated the timetable and invited target students to each of the sessions to ensure that there were no clashes with departments trying to recruit the same students. The students invited were identified as students needing intervention in these subjects.
Student attendance to Intervention session in October half term:
|Date||Subject||Number of Students|
|Friday 23rd October||
BTEC Hospitality and Catering/GCSE Food
|Monday 26th October||
BTEC Performing Arts/GCSE Music
GCSE Product Design/GCSE Resistant Materials
|Tuesday 27th October||GCSE Product Design/GCSE Resistant Materials||30|
|Friday 30th October||GCSE Art||10|
The Raising Achievement Team asked students to complete an evaluation of the impact that the intervention sessions had with the students. There were 62 Year 11 student responses to this evaluation on Survey Monkey, 59% of these returns were from male students and 41% from female.
Student comments made about the intervention (freehand):
- The sessions were very helpful, I was able to sit down and get my work done with more one to one help.
- I found all the sessions helpful, I caught up on a lot of work.
- I was able to catch up my coursework, I managed to get work done that I was behind in.
- I got ahead in my product and caught up on the coursework I was behind on.
- I managed to get a lot of help from my teacher and got much further with my work.
- It was really useful, I caught up with the work I needed to do.