- Positive Discipline Pyramids
- College Aims
- Pastoral Support
- Admissions and Appeals
- Junior Leadership Team
- Home Learning
- Special Education Needs
- Equality and Diversity
- Staff List
- Peele Success Stories
- British Values
- Student Intervention
- HMI monitoring visit to The Peele Community College
- Wembley Trip - Tuesday 29th March
- New Head Appointed
- News Archive
- Lincolnshire County Council Review Youth Health Services
- College Open As Normal on July 5th
- GCSE Results Day - 25th August - 10 to 11:30
- Prom Photos
- FANTASTIC RESULTS FOR PEELE STUDENTS
- Year 6 Open Evening 29th September
- Deputy Heads Announcement
- Newgenerationmusic @ The Peele 7th October
- GCSE Revision Sessions
- Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch 7th December 2016
- Christmas Concert
- Celebration Assemblies
- Resilience Trip – Norfolk Lakes
- The Peele Joins East Midlands Teacher Training Partnership
- Easter Revision Timetable
- Year 11 non uniform day
- Cake Sale
- Fair Funding for Schools Campaign
- Ofsted Inspection 11-7-17
- The Peele Celebrates GCSE Results
- Year 6 Open Evening - Thursday September 14th
- Head Teacher's Blog 8th September
- Head Teacher's Blog 15th September
- Head Teacher's Blog 22nd September 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 29th September
- Head Teacher's Blog 6th October 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 13th October
- Careers Fair Wednesday 15th November 2017 4:30—7:30 pm
- Linc Higher Information
- Head Teacher's Blog 20th October 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 3rd November 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 10th November 2017
- Senior Citizens Christmas Lunch 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 17th November
- Head Teacher's Blog 24th November 2017
- Friends of the Peele Bingo 27th November 7:30pm
- Head Teacher's Blog 1st December 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 8th December 2017
- Head Teacher's Blog 15th December 2017
- Head Teacher's End of 2017 Blog
- Head Teacher's Blog 5th January 2018
- Head Teacher's Blog 19th January 2018
- The Big Push
- Head Teacher's Blog - 2nd February 2018
- Head Teacher's Blog 23rd February 2018
- College Closed Today (28th Feb 2018)
- College Closed Thursday (1st March 2018)
- College to remain closed Friday (2nd March 2018)
- We are open as normal on Monday (5th March 2018)
- Head Teacher's Blog 2nd March
- Head Teacher's Blog 22nd April
- Head Teacher's Blog 27th April 2018
- Head Teacher's Blog 4th May 2018
- Peele Summer Fete 2018
- Peele Reunion/Diamond Jubilee Celebration
- Head Teacher's Blog 22nd June 2018
- Head Teacher's Blog 29th June 2018
- Head Teacher's Blog 6th July
- Head Teacher's Blog 15th July 2018
- Ofsted monitoring visit
- Governors meeting minutes
Head Teacher's Blog 6th July
Welcome to the first Blog of July, and what a scorcher of a week it has been!
The first thing I want to do is share some very good news. Yesterday we attended the Lincolnshire Free Press and Spalding Guardian Education Awards 2018 at the South Holland Centre. The Peele had been shortlisted for the Contribution to the Community Award - as it turns out, this was specifically for the OAP's Christmas Lunch which is organised every year by Mrs Boor and her Admin team - along with Joan and the Kitchen crew (who work for Taylor Shaw, our caterers). Each year our JLT students greet the guests and serve the lunch, and then our talented singers and musicians perform at the end of the meal. The Admin and Site teams are instrumental in making the event a success and I am incredibly proud to say that we won the award!! Hopefully this will be the first of many for The Peele as we move forward. This truly reflects the Community spirit here at The Peele - well done and thank you to everyone involved. I would like to say special thanks to Mr Corns, Mrs Spiller and Mrs Boor who attended the awards with me, and especially to Sarah Harper who came to represent the students as a member of the JLT.
This week we have had 5F's days - 2 taster days where year 5 students from local primary schools come and visit us and experience some of what The Peele has to offer. We had great fun with our visitors and they all seemed to enjoy themselves. We look forward to welcoming many of them back next year for our Year 6 days.
Today we had a group of Year 10 students spend their own taster day at UAH, experiencing life as a Sixth Form student - something that we hope will help them to make the best choices for their futures when they leave The Peele. It is important that students have as much information and experience as possible so they can make informed choices and Mrs Gilman (our dedicated Careers Advisor) works hard to make these opportunities available to students at The Peele. The students involved enjoyed their experience and it was lovely to hear the comments from staff at UAH about how polite and enthusiastic our students were during their visit. Not only that, but that Peele students were the smartest that they had seen for a long time - well done guys, first impressions really do last and you have impressed today. I know that the end of term is close but we are not compromising our standards at all.
A message from Mrs Gilman below:
Apprenticeship Information Evening Wednesday 11th July 5-7:30pm.
On Wednesday evening the school doors will be open for all current students, their parents, past students and other local school students for an apprenticeship information evening. The evening starts at 5pm until 7:30pm and will comprise of presentations and stands from a number of local employers and training providers all of whom are involved in employing apprentices.
With an average of 23,000 apprenticeships advertised on the Government apprenticeship website each month and the delivery of higher quality standards for employers apprenticeships are becoming much more appealing as a Post 16 option for young people when leaving school. Since 2015 there have also been developments in the introduction of Degree Apprenticeships for those looking at alternatives to full time University.
All sounds appealing? Please come with your questions and find out more about apprenticeships from companies who offer local opportunities.
Tomorrow is our School Fete, from 12noon to 4pm - I do appreciate that we have some competition with the England match but I hope that lots of you will still come along to have some fun. There are lots of prizes to be won as well as burgers, strawberries and cakes to be eaten! See you there.
Next week we have Sports Day on Tuesday, Super Learning Day on Wednesday - followed by the Apprenticeship Information Evening, the Year 11 Prom on Friday and the 60th Reunion on Saturday!!
I wish you all a very pleasant weekend. Enjoy the glorious weather while it lasts.