Free School Meals
There is a new universal eligibility checking service for free school meals, which will enable Lincolnshire County to check all primary and secondary school pupils for free school meal eligibility. This system will also determine eligibility for Pupil Premium, which means schools will receive an extra £935 per eligible pupil from central government to fund valuable support such as extra tuition and learning support.
To help ensure that we are able to claim the correct level of funding, please provide the details requested on the form and return it to school as soon as possible. Parents do not have to provide this information but even if you do not wish your child to receive a free meal, we would encourage you to register so that we receive as much Pupil Premium funding as possible.
Parents do not have to pay for school lunches if they receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit* and have an annual household income (as assessed by HM Revenue & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- Universal Credit
- *unless in the Working Tax Credit ‘run on’ – the payment someone may receive for a further 4 weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit. Children who receive any of the above in their own right are also eligible to receive free school meals.
To apply please complete the form below and return it to the college: